"Things that I see as I walk along the street that's heaven to me." - Sam Cooke

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Dance of Zahirah

I feel lucky every time I witness beauty.  It can be a simple gesture between a child and a parent, romantic looks of a couple in love, or countless other gifts of beauty to witness any given day. It is easy to see that I  felt honored to watch  and photograph this young lady dance at the Drummer’s Circle at Malcolm X Park (Meridian Hill Park), Washington DC. 
This young lady is stunningly beautiful, but her dance is more captivating.  As an artist, I attempt to capture the beauty that embodies a subject and not just surface glamour.  I accomplished that in this set.  Viewers can connected to her movements,mood, and spirit.
I met her briefly and I asked her name, She said Zahirah.  So I present to you Zahirah
The Dance of Zahara

No comments:

Post a Comment